To celebrate Earth Week, the Kimpton brand will be hosting exhibits in their hotels featuring pieces made from recycled and repurposed art. Their goal is to work with area artists to create the art and display it here at Hotel Monaco Alexandria the week of April 15 – 22, 2011.
Here’s an overview of the project:
- We’re collecting recyclable materials here at the Monaco Alexandria for your use. Pieces that were displayed at the Morrison House’s recycled art show last year are welcome to be displayed again.
- You’re welcome to use materials sourced from other areas, or they can be mixed with items you collected from our hotels.
- The art would remain the property of the artist, we ask only that it’s displayed here at the hotel the week of April 15 – 22, 2011.
- We would invite artists to join our hotel during our signature Wine Hour to discuss the work with our guests during the period the art is displayed.
- If the pieces are for sale, we would make sure to relay that to our guests and also permit pricing to be displayed on the piece along with artist contact information.
If you’re interested in participating, here’s the process:
- Our Operations Team has begun accumulating recyclable items including plastics, glass, HVAC / plumbing equipment and miscellaneous materials. We’re staging them at the Hotel Monaco Alexandria for review and pickup.
- The project managers are Miguel Casimiro and Andrew Kim. When you would like to review and pick up the materials, please contact them at 703-549-6080 to arrange a time.
- We ask that you check in with us on a regular schedule so we can stay updated on the progress of the work and also have an idea of how many pieces we can expect to show.
- Attached is a standard release of liability that was created for the show. If you would like to display the art at our properties we’ll need a copy signed before the show.
Questions? Contact Robert Hannigan, General Manager, robert.hannigan@