Come closer. Strip away the distractions, fill the frame. ArtDC want to see your most revealing portraits. Vulnerable or intense, the composition is so tight that the entire head cannot be seen. Emotion lives within the confines of your face. Let's emove all distractions. Remove the world, the body, our outfits, differences and display photographs composed of nothing but the face or a fraction thereof.
ArtDC is working with Art League member Pamela Viola to curate an exhibition entitled "Closer." The show will include the work of a group of 5 photographers depicting the impact of macro compositions on portraits.
1. Only photographic works on paper are eligible.
2. Open to artdc.org members only - it's free to register!
3. Digital submissions must be at least 1200 pixels on the widest side at 300 dpi.
4. Digital submission must be .jpg or .png format.
5. Up to 5 images may be entered.
6. Framed work must be 16" x 20" or smaller.
7. Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
8. Submissions must be received by 11:59pm June 12, 2009.
9. Resume and Artist Statement - attach a file or url link to your submission.
10. With your submission please include for each image the following:
EXAMPLE: artdc.org Username: pamelaviola
File Name: example.jpg
Artisit Name: Pamela Viola
Artwork Title: My Best Close-up
Materials: pigment print, c-Print, silver gelatin etc.
Framed Dimension: 16" x 20" (height x width)
1. Selected artists will be notified no later than June 14, 2009
2. Work must be gallery ready, framed or box mounted with a wire suitable for use with a hanging system. No clip frames or hooks on the back.
3. Framed artwork must be 16"x20" or smaller.
4. Works must be received on July 10, 2009 at 11am at the gallery.
5. Sold work financial details: 60/40 split, 60% to the artist.
6. The show will run July 11, 2009 to August 9, 2009.
7. Gallery specs: 500 Square foot room with 20ft+ vertcal windows. 5 moveable walls.
8. Gallery location: artdc gallery - 5710 Baltimore Avenue, Hyattsville, MD 20781