629 pieces were entered into the show with 129 accepted. View the full list here.
Distinguished Professor of Art, September Art League juror Joseph Di Bella has taught at the University of Mary Washington since 1977 where he received the Simpson Award for Excellence in Teaching. He received his B.A. and M.F.A. in Painting from Northern Illinois University. In addition to teaching, Di Bella served as the Director of the University of Mary Washington Galleries (1983-1988) and was instrumental in the establishment of the Ridderhof Martin Gallery. He has exhibited his own work at the Phoenix Gallery in New York City and he is a signature member of the National Watercolor Society.
Di Bella chose You Decide by Jan Sherfy for the The Shana Heisman Simkin Award.
The following received Honorable Mention:
- Swimming Against the Tide -- Sally Davies
- Prayer Flags -- Alain Debrabant
- Venice I -- Yefei Gan
- Nightwire II -- Michele Hoben
- Sharon, 3 Views -- Jackie Saunders
- Chef de Village, African Icon III -- Kathleen Stafford
- Blossom -- Paula Stern
- Cameron Station Boulevard -- Suzanne Vigil